Saturday 22 June 2013

KNOCKED BACK AND GUTTED

I recently applied to be a member of a design team for a lady who really inspires me to craft, and still will even though I wasn't selected when 6 ladies were chosen. My first thoughts were that my crafting just wasn't any good, and that I had been silly to think that I had any talent. I'm just so critical of myself.  And knowing that I didn't even make the top 6 really hurts. 

Now to positive thinking. Pick myself up and just forget that I put myself out there and just carry on doing what I'm doing for the love of doing it.

Here's the three designs I put forward.  I thought they were a good representation of a varied selection for the Lady who required new DT members.  Obviously they weren't, but at least they didn't go to waste because the card was for my Brother in law who loved it. The Frame was for my bedroom and I love it, and the scrapbook page is for my own scrapbook that I'm making slowly around other things.





5 comments:

  1. Karen, this is some lovely work, I love to colour and how you have managed to put this together, really amazing work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, although it wasn't good enough to be on a design team. Makes you wonder if it's all worth while. But it is. I love crafting. Nothing makes me happier than producing work for someone to have. I hardly ever make things for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frame Karen, what did you use to make it hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma thankyou. The frame was made with a piece of centura card completely covered with pebeo fantasy paints just dabbed on with brushes. When it was dry the card felt like glass.
    I then used the glass that came with the frame and drew the twigs and leaves and painted the leaves with the fantasy paint. To add the flowers I painted them on acetate again with the liner and filled in with fantasy paints and then cut them out and glued them to the glass. Some of the flowers are paint side up and some paint side down because both sides looked amazing. It took a long time of waiting for drying etc but once finished it looked perfect for my bedroom. I had never used fantasy paints before and probably wont again for a while as it was a long process to actually make this frame from start to finish. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think you did a wonderful job of it all. I have never used fantasy paints, I usually stick to acrylic, pencil, black fine liner and inks of course. You certainly put in a lot of effort on this...I know what you mean about waiting for things to dry, you just want the project to get finished. I was car-booting on Sunday and I have picked up some nice frames to use as I am going to be making pictures for my youngest daughter's room (she is 25) but I think I will stick to my acrylics lol hugs x

    ReplyDelete