Tuesday 18 June 2013

MISS YOU CARD

I love this card I've made today.  A friend of mine is having so many health problems which has meant that we haven't been able to get together to sort the world to rights very much. So I thought this card might cheer her up and remind her that I'm still here for her whenever she's ready for visitors again.
The card is an orange linen effect card with a super smooth white card which I've embossed and tinted with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  I've then added some lace flowers, die cut a beautiful Marianne Die and Stamped eight different sized Sheena Douglass Flowers and layered them onto some die cut leaf sprigs. The flowers are painted in Sheena's Radiant Rain and H2O paints so have a beautiful sheen to them, which sadly again the photo does not do it justice.  Although I think thats my photography skills to blame. To finish the card I've added a Miss You label and large gem stones to the center of the flowers.  I think it's a real cheerful card and I hope it makes my dear friend feel more cheerful too.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Karen, sure to cheer your friend up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. It's on the way to her now. I didn't want to send the usual get well card. So instead I thought I'd tell her how much I miss her. x

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen
    What a beautiful card this is, it's sure to cheer your friend up, what a lovely thought to make it for her.
    I found you through the DT call but not sure how to follow on the google+!!!! Will bookmark you though so I keep up with what you are up too.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Lisa I'm not sure either. Google+ just took over my blog and now I think only Google+ members can join in the circles. I hate it to be honest. But can't see a way back to the old members format. Anyway thank you for your comment and for following me from the DT Call Out. I'm so pleased someone has actually come to see my work. I shall do the same for you. It's so exciting, even if I don't make the team I'm hoping that we can swap our inspiration. Thanks again Lisa. Very Kind of you to look me out. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Karen .How exquisite is this creation ? Love everything about it .From the embossed layer to the flowers and the vine . Am a follower and will call in again soon .
    cheers Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shirley, thank you for being my first follower through Google friend connect. I'm honoured you like this card. I think it is very cheerful and bright.

    ReplyDelete