Monday 17 June 2013

BIRTHDAY BUTTERFLIES

Here's a birthday card made with a Butterfly Stamp that I received free a few years ago with a subscription to Craft Stamper Magazine.  Of which I still have today and read from cover to cover every month.  Anyway I love how big this stamp actually is and I embossed it in Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Black Aurora, and then painted it in using Sheena's Radiant Rains. I also used a Resplendent Rectangle Spellbinder for the Phrase. I am not sure if the shimmer of this card is picked up at all by the photo but trust me it truly shimmers. I also don't think that the photo shows the dimension very well either but the wings are rounded and it looks like the butterfly has just landed for a moment or two. To match everything together I matted and layered using similar colours to the Radiant Rains. I also thought that by mounting the butterfly higher on the card it not only gave me room for the sentiment but made the card look just that little bit more unusual. I'm actually quite happy with this one. Shock!.

No comments:

Post a Comment