Saturday 15 June 2013

ROSE AND SWIRLS WITH GLOSSY ACCENTS


This is what I love to do, which is messing around with inks and paints, although the photo doesn't really do it justice. Why? because it really has  dimension that isn't really shown to it's best in the photo.  The rose was stamped and coloured in using distress inks. Then once it was dry I used Glossy Accents to cover each petal and leaf.  Only I did one petal at a time then let it dry so that it didn't run into the next petal.  This made it feel so raised and you could even see the depth of the petals and leaves etc...  To finish I layered onto textured papers and then used a beautiful swirl stamp over distressed inked paper, again using glossy accents to highlight and add texture to the swirls.  This card really feels and looks better in real life than in the photo.  Again in my critical view of myself I wish I had never used the pink alcohol pen around the the whole card.  I wish i had layered onto pink paper.  But hey ho, done now.

2 comments:

  1. this is really beautiful Karen, lot of work in this with great results

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emma. Some cards just seem to make themselves and others need more TLC and Time. x

    ReplyDelete