Tuesday 6 August 2013

TO ADD A BOW OR NOT TO ADD A BOW THAT IS THE QUESTION.

Is a bow too girly?  This card is for my son and has been made by using a DARICE circles embossing folder on black card and repeating it trying not to have a visible line.  But this folder does not repeat match so a line was inevitable.  I then used COSMIC SHIMMER GILDING WAX and rubbed this all over the card. So to hide the line I used an EK SUCCESS BORDER PUNCH on tan paper and then on white paper. I also added die cut shapes to to add a "Happy Birthday" sentiment die cut using the BRITANNIA DIES from Joanna Sheen. I matted and layered the card, then added stickles glitter to the inside of the embossed circles, but then came the question.  Do I add a bow?  The card just looked a bit bare even with four pearl adhesive gems in the corners. I tied the bow and placed it over the tonic border and it seemed to go really well, but is it too girly to add a bow to a mans card? I haven't yet added an insert to the card just in case I decide to change my mind and make something else. I'm hoping maybe some advice from readers may help me.

Here's the card.  Would a guy find it too girly?


12 comments:

  1. Great card, perfect guy card, love the embossing and gilding wax, great effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card!! I love the bow - and no - not too girly for a bloke!

    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love - come and follow me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Karen - it's perfect. The embossed background is fab and I like the bow - it could be a dickie-bow! Well done on your successful blog post, hun.
    Hugz, Jan xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for a guy, loving the embossed background and as Jan said it could be a dickie bow! Beautiful blog too. I am a new follower :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card for a man, the bow should definitely stay. The embossed background and die cuts are brilliant. I am a new follower too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny because all my bows end up looking like dickie bows. If i had got some black ribbon this wide I would have used it instead and then it really would've looked like a dickie bow.
    Thanks for the comments, I'm now persuaded to give it my son for his birthday afterall.
    Welcome to my new blog followers too. Loving the Crafty Bloggers on Facebook. It's a great way to find fellow crafters. I'm on cloud nine a the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card for male or female I think. Why not a bow for a man, it just looks right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the card is wonderful, the bow must stay. I too are following :). The embossed background looks stunning. I am sure your son will love it hugs txx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card for a man - the bow looks fine to me, but if youy thinbk it's too girly, you could perhaps tie a knot rather than a bow.
    xx
    Am now following you - maybe you would like to follow me too??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, this is fabulous hun, I am sure you son will love it, perfect for a male xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fabulous background embossing and the great die cuts used. A wonderful male card I'm sure your son will love it bow or not.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete