Wednesday 7 August 2013

SHIMMERING BUTTERFLIES


I love making tags.  They are obviously bigger than ATCs and so can take much more detail. I hate being restricted by the size of an ATC. With this tag, the background is just a mixture of watered down acrylic paints, then I added some COSMIC SHIMMER SPARKLE PAINT in ANGEL GOLD and just splatted dots all over the tag to add some shimmer.  I then used SHEENA DOUGLAS DISTRESS STAMPS for embossing around the edge of the tag.  I love this stamp and has become one of my most used stamps. To add some detail to the tag I wanted a delicate floral background and used a stamp that i have no idea where i got it from.  Sorry.  I then embossed the stamps using PERFECT MEDIUM and COSMIC SHIMMER in  LAVA BLACK AURORA. The butterflies are from SHEENA DOUGLAS and embossed with COSMIC SHIMMER in VIOLA BLACK AURORA.  I painted the butterflies using SHEENA DOUGLAS H2Os in various colours to match the tag. I finished the tag off with a sentiment on a die cut, added some STICKLES GLITTER GLUE  to highlight some of the flowers and butterflies then tied various scraps of ribbon to the tag.







Here's the same tag but taken in a different light and totally shimmers in a completely different way.

Also the photo shows just how dimensional it is.


I absolutely love it and shall add some distress ink to the reverse and then leave a clear space for a message for someones birthday.  Trouble is i hate giving them away, but happy to know that when i do give them away, they are usually kept by the receiver and that means the world to me.

Having someone say they are going to keep your work is just simply the biggest compliment anyone can get.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning , I so love butterflies and this is wonderful. Hugs Txx Crafty Bloggers Network DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing background, fabulous butterflies I just love the colours you have used.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Karen this is stunning! I love the colours and those butterflies are amazing.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so very much. Kind words inspire. Hugs and thanks. Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, stopped by to say welcome for joining my blog and saw this amazing little creation. lovely. best wishes.Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aweseome, Karen, what a fabulous tag, delicious colours and my fav, butterflies xxx

    ReplyDelete