Sunday 1 September 2013

LEAFY TREE HANDMADE CARD

Autumn will soon be here and my Nephew has an Autumn Birthday so I thought about using one of my new SWEET POPPY STENCILS and using INDIGOBLU FLITTER GLU with their YORKSHIRE DALES GILDING FLAKES onto Black Card. I also heat embossed  "Birthday Wishes" with COSMIC SHIMMER LAPIS BLACK AUROURA EMBOSSING POWDER onto the black card.  I then matted the card onto Gold Mirror Board. 

The background card is a mirror board from CARLEY at CREATA and was embossed by using one of SHEENA DOUGLAS LEAF EMBOSSING FOLDERS.  Then with one of the leaves I added RANGER ADIRONDACK colour GOLD ALCOHOL INK and outlined this leaf with STICKLES colour PATINA.  To finish the card off I matted all of this onto another piece of Gold Mirror Board and edged this with a TONIC PUNCH and added a few black and green gems and a gold bow with a button.  The finished card is an 8 inch square white card.

Sometimes I don't know what size of card I'm going to make and just start of at making the Topper first, then simply just matting and layering until I'm happy.  I then add all this to a card I have in my stash, sometimes having to cut a card down to size, or even make one from scratch.  I find it easier to make the Toppers first, than stare at a blank white card and wonder where to begin and what with.

I hope you like it.  The photo doesn't do the gilding flakes justice. They are actually greens and golds and very light reflective, but not on this photo I'm afraid.


4 comments:

  1. Love this the green background looks great xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The green mirror board or the gilding flakes don't look as good in this pic as they do in real life. x

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous Karen, I love the background and the tree is stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing and stencilling, fabulous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete