Saturday 27 April 2013

MY BIRTHDAY

Well it was my Birthday on the 19th.  Received some lovely shop brought cards and I never will be ungrateful for a shop brought one because they actually give me ideas on new projects and it's always nice to  know people care and remember, even if i would rather forget I'm another year older.  Anyway my mom who is also a card maker made me the most beautiful card this year so i thought i would add it to my blog to show it off. It's the best card she's ever made me.  Every year her cards get better and better and now her birthday is coming up in June and I have to top the one i sent last year and top this one she has sent me. A little competition in the family isn't bad.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Karen, I too am new to blogging. I think that your card from your mother is really lovely (happy belated birthday wishes) You should post some of your cards too(how long have you been crafting).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emma,
    Thankyou for commenting, i didn't think anyone was interested, or maybe that I wasn't blogging correctly. As for my crafting, well I used to be more into Art. Painting both watercolours and sometimes oil. I've experimented in many techniques. Photography too but more for pleasure than anything else. I have another blog which explains the difficulties I have in my life which makes doing any of my hobbies quite hard work. But crafting became easier to do because it was quicker so i was in less pain. So back to your question I started crafting about four year ago. My other blog is more like a journal. I'm not bothered who reads it, I've nothing to hide and if I did then i wouldn't say anything anyway. But I used to love journaling, and even once had penpals from all over the world and we used to make arty friendship books that got passed on from country to country. So blogging seemed a great way to get back into that world again. Grow with technology as they say. Although my growing with technology is limited. But hey, you found me so i must be doing something right. I hope you will pass by again or follow my other blog. I shall end now, I can talk for England. Now I'm off to see your blog. xxx

    ReplyDelete