Monday 11 March 2013

HANDMADE CARD FOR MOTHER'S DAY WITH THE HELP OF SPELLBINDERS.

I wanted to make a lovely fresh and bright Mother's Day card but the more I progressed the more it became an Autumnal looking card with oranges and browns.  I started off with Velum which i inked with an orange distress ink showing the white paisley design off lovely.  I then found some double sided orange card but this is where the browns came into it.  So i just went with the flow.  I used distress inks, spellbinders, stickles and even cosmic shimmer glue to make brown pearls.  I love the card and my mom did too which was the point.  It actually took a few days to make but my mom is so worth every ache and pain it took to make it.  I even decorated the inside which i forgot to photograph, but for me it's one of the best cards I've ever made.  And I have Spellbinders to thank for that.  I've invested in quite a few now so I'm hoping to be inspired by some of Sue Wilsons designs from the Creative Expressions group.  Her imagination for the use of Spellbinders is infinite. But then again she does have the use of the whole range at her finger tips.  As for me i have five sets now, but better than none at all.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen thought id say a little hello, as you came and joined my site and say that you are making some very pretty cards here and keep the good work up.
    Best wishes
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanks Kim, It's hard sometimes as i suffer from Chronic Back Pain after a Spinal Fusion, but I just can't give up crafting. Just wish i could do it more often. x

    ReplyDelete